Key by Amazon not connecting to Ring Camera

Hello, whenever I try to add a Ring camera to Key by Amazon I keep getting the following message and cannot complete the process.

Your session has expired. Please close the window and try again.

This message is coming from oauth.ring.com, not Amazon.

1 Like

Hi @sebasc. Can you clarify which model of Ring Camera you have and what you’re trying to set up in the Key By Amazon App? Feel free to attach screenshots if that will help demonstrate what you’re seeing on your end.

Hi,
I have different types of cameras, floodlights, spotlights, stickup cameras, etc but the issue is not with the camera. It doesn’t even get there.

The issue happens once I open the Key by Amazon app and click on link with Ring. The only thing that I keep getting is the screen attached.

Hi @sebasc. Happy to chime in for Caitlyn here. Have you checked to see if Key by Amazon is available in your area? If you are trying to set this up in an area that is not supported, you could receive this error. If you’ve confirmed compatibility and are still encountering this problem, please contact our support team. Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

Yes, I did check as I use Key all the time time. I just wanted to add a camera to it.

Unfortunately, Chat won’t support troubleshooting, there’s no email support information and calling support places you on a 20-30 wait time.

So, I think I will keep trying other things. It might be an issue with the Android app.

I opened a case with Amazon support to see if they can find out what’s going on. I have a feeling that it has something to do with the 2FA and the identity management changes for the enhanced security.

If I find anything I will post it here.

1 Like

Hi @sebasc. Thank you for the update and please keep us informed of any new information you may find, as I’m sure this will be of use to another neighbour at some point in time. Stay safe. :smiley:

I will keep looking. Amazon already said they won’t look into it as it’s a problem with Ring and to talk to Ring.

To me it just seems that this is an issue on the Key by Amazon app and the way they are doing the authentication against Ring’s oauth with 2fa enabled.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue. Going to follow this post. Hopefully this will get resolved soon.

Same problem here. Any updates from Ring or Amazon?

Having the same issue connecting Key to Ring. I got to the login screen and entered the account verification before getting a session timed out error. It was maybe 15 seconds.

Hi there, neighbors! To best setup your Key by Amazon to Work With Ring, I recommend following the steps in this help center article. There you will see steps for linking and setting up your Ring and Key by Amazon, as well as further tips and tricks for use. As a troubleshooting step, please try unlinking or removing the integration from both apps, and setting it up again.

If this is a first time attempt at getting the integration to work, try doing this from another mobile device, if possible, as this will rule out many factors. Fee free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi Marley,
These instructions aren’t at all helpful for the issue being reported. The issue comes when following the instructions. When you click on “Link Ring Account” in the key app, it immediately comes up with a Your Session Has Expired message on the https://oauth.ring.com/oauth/users/sign_in page.

Can someone from the Key / Ring team take a look at this? I am experiencing the same issue, here are my step-by-step screenshots.

Found a workaround for those interested.

Try following the same steps on a different device (specifically I used an iPad).

Prior to trying a different device, I tried numerous attempts at resetting my Browser, App, Signing in and out on my Android device with no success.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, @dclaze! If this is only happening on Android devices, I recommend checking for any Android apps that conflict with the Ring app. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on the mobile device.

Trying another mobile device entirely was a great call, and is very helpful to any other neighbors with the same concern. Thanks again :slight_smile: