Chime not connecting to new wifi

Hi. I changed my internet provider this week so had to change the WiFi for the ring doorbell. However the (Plug in) ring chime now does not work, the re-set button doesn’t flash when I press it (5 and 20 seconds I have tried) for me to take it through the stages of connecting to the new internet provider. Any ideas?

Hey @Laura2. If you have attempted a reset and the Chime will still not set up, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

I have the same issue. Did u ever get a real solution?

I have the same issue started 1 week ago & can not connect chime to existing WiFi. Hopefully Ring customer services provide an answer as it seems few of us are having the same issue.

Has there ever been any replies to this problem. I have just purchased a Ring Doorbell 3 and a Ring Chime 2. The doorbell has connected first time with no problems but I cannot get the chime to connect. It states in the instructions that it shouldconnect to a wifi named ‘Chime’ but I cannot find any such name in my WiFi list. The Chime flashes green and asks if itshould connect to my WiFi, I click yes then the indicator light goes red and the app states there has been a problem - try again.

Yewtree

I purchased one follow instructions connected to my wifi but still not working keeps repeating same thing over and over resetted still can’t connect any advice please
Anna

Sorry to hear about this neighbours. Your Chime should certainly setup just as easily as your other Ring devices. If the Ring-setup access point is not showing up in your wifi settings list during the setup, please try another outlet in the home. Holding the setup button for 15 seconds will reset your Chime device, which may also help.

Although the setup worked for another Ring device, attempting the Chime setup on another mobile device, if possible, is a great step to try. If your Chime is making it through setup, but not connecting to your home wifi network on the final step, try enabling a guest network using your router settings, and attempt a connection that way. If this concern persists despite trying these steps, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

Hi neighbors! Here are the best things to check to get your Chime/Chime Pro connected to your network:

• Relocate your Chime to another outlet, closer to your router.
  • If it doesn’t automatically reconnect, follow the steps in this Help Center article to reconnect the Chime in the Ring app.
  • Please ensure there is not a VPN enabled and location services / permissions are allowed / enabled for the Ring app, on your mobile device.
  • As mentioned prior in this thread, using another mobile device entirely, if possible, can rule out many variables.

If the above steps did not help get your Chime connected, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like