2nd Gen doorbell & 2nd Gen Solar Charger

Hi Guys,

I have a 2nd Gen doorbell and 2nd Gen Solar Charger; connected the charger about 2 weeks ago.

It would appear that the battery is still draining (was about 35% and is now at 21%). They are installed on the front of my house where I have also got a stick up cam with a solar panel which has remained at 100% charge since I installed it around July.

I know it’s autumn now however I still get a lot of sunlight (when not raining of course) on the front of my house.

2nd issue; neither the stickup cam or the doorbell recognise that I have connected a solar panel charger to them - I have uninstalled re-installed app and it still does not show as connected.

Any ideas/suggestion welcome.

Thanks

Hi @zCRiSiSz. I’ll suggest a few things to try to see if you can get the Solar Panel to properly register. First, try to uninstall the Ring app, reboot your mobile, then reinstall your Ring App. This will ensure this Ring app is running on its latest software and integrated with your mobile device.

Once you’ve done that, we will reset your Doorbell and reconnect it to wifi. To reset your Doorbell, press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds, then release. Allow the Doorbell 1 minute to reset, then reconnect it to wifi. When that is complete, your Doorbell will do a quick update and it should register that the Solar Panel is connected.

If after a few days you see that it is still not charging like it should, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

@Tom_Ring wrote:

Hi @zCRiSiSz. I’ll suggest a few things to try to see if you can get the Solar Panel to properly register. First, try to uninstall the Ring app, reboot your mobile, then reinstall your Ring App. This will ensure this Ring app is running on its latest software and integrated with your mobile device.

Once you’ve done that, we will reset your Doorbell and reconnect it to wifi. To reset your Doorbell, press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds, then release. Allow the Doorbell 1 minute to reset, then reconnect it to wifi. When that is complete, your Doorbell will do a quick update and it should register that the Solar Panel is connected.

If after a few days you see that it is still not charging like it should, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

Tom_Ring

Thanks for the response - I have tried your suggestions and it is still not charging.

I will manually charge the battery so that it is 100% and then reconnect it to the solar charger to see if anything changes.

1 Like

@zCRiSiSz wrote:

@Tom_Ring wrote:

Tom_Ring

Thanks for the response - I have tried your suggestions and it is still not charging.

I will manually charge the battery so that it is 100% and then reconnect it to the solar charger to see if anything changes.

@Tom_Ring - the solar charger is still not providing any charge to my device; I need to arrange a replacement.

Hi @zCRiSiSz, happy to chime in here. If the solutions suggested by Tom are not working, you’ll want to follow up with our support team directly so they can look into this and determine if a replacement is needed. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: