Zone adjustment Freeze

I’m trying to create a zone that only includes the footpath to my front door but the roundels just freeze.

1 Like

Yeah I had this issue today when setting up a replacement ring pro, obviously I had to set up motion zones on the new device. It seems as though there is a lot less adjustment on the zone area now. Previously I would be able to drag the points down to make a small box, now it’s impossible to do this as the points won’t drag down beyond a certain point.

I should add I’m on Android.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! For the most part, these customizable zones should be just that, customizable. The dimensions should allow for both large and small areas, although I do believe there is a limit as to how large or small you can make a zone. As I attempt this with my Ring device using IOS, I was able to alter the custom zone to be very thin. I do admit, a have large fingers that can get in the way when I operate mobile devices, thus I had to try a couple times to get the dots to move while making these changes. Try also enabling a second zone, just to test and see if that zone works better in response than the default zone does. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is also a great step. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi @Marley_Ring.

It seems to be an issue with a later version of the ring app as I had access to another phone with an older version on, and the zones are fully customisable down to a small area.

I’ve attached a video highlighting the issue. As you can see the box only reduces to a certain point, after which it’s impossible to go any further. Previously it was possible to reduce the size to a tiny area.

Video

1 Like