Work-Around For Lack of Natural Gas Alarm Sensor?

I have four natural gas appliances in my home and I’d like to monitor them for natual gas leakage. The only thing I’ve been able to find is a stand alone gas alarm, but if no one is home, it doesn’t do much good. I’d like to integrate something into my Ring alarm. I’ve determined the following…

1. Ring doesn’t have a natural gas sensor
  2. As far as I can tell, no one has a Z-Wave natural gas sensor available for sale in the US
  3. Smoke/CO2 alarm “listeners” won’t work because they listen for a very specific smoke alarm signal and a stand alone gas alarm doesn’t emit that signal when it goes off.
  4. CO2 alarms won’t be triggered by natural gas.
  5. The only thing I’ve been able to even dream up is to get a stand alone gas alarm and an Echo Dot and set them next to each other. Then create an Alexa routine that says…“Hey Alexa, when you hear a big loud noise (like a gas alarm) then tell Ring to trigger an alarm.” I don’t even know if some clunky arragement like that would work, but it’s the only thing I could come up with.

Even if my #5 hack above would work, is there a better way to pull this off?

Thanks!

Hi @user28684. There is not currently an integration that supports this type of alarm. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!