Wiring Ring Doorbell Pro with cat6

I have a ring doorbell pro it is wired to the to the provided transformer with cat6 cable. I used blue and blue/white for one terminal and green and green/white for the other. The terminal is wired into the fuse board, all connections are solid and health system check via the app is all good. WiFi signal is strong via a decco M5 TP-Link mesh network. However I am getting very poor audio, a lot of back ground noise and both listening and speaking dips in and out consistently when trying to communicate, as in every other word is missed.
What am I doing wrong?
Any help would be really appreciated.:+1:t3:

@Timboeady Not sure cat 6 is the best option. Might be fine but lots of variation in AWG, solid vs stands or also could be CCA etc. I would get some bell wire and try that instead.

2 Likes

Great suggestion by @bemak187! I’d agree that wire gauge is super important for flow of voltage, which in turn would impact device operation. Your RSSI is also worth checking. If you are not already, I recommend connecting your Doorbell Pro to your 2.4 Ghz wifi network. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal.