Wired Spotlight Camera night images of people washed out

Two weeks ago I purchase a wired Spotlight Camera. I love the features, daytime image and app but find the night vision terrible. Whenever a person appears they look all white. When the spotlight turns on it helps some but people still appear all washed out. I can’t detect any of their distinguishing features. My camera is mounted 8’ above the ground overlooking my driveway.

I don’t see any adjustments in the app for image quality (contrast or brightness) so I can’t correct the night image. I am disappointed and don’t understand why Ring doesn’t fix this. Are others having the same issue?

@Ron44 wrote:

Two weeks ago I purchase a wired Spotlight Camera. I love the features, daytime image and app but find the night vision terrible. Whenever a person appears they look all white. When the spotlight turns on it helps some but people still appear all washed out. I can’t detect any of their distinguishing features. My camera is mounted 8’ above the ground overlooking my driveway.

I don’t see any adjustments in the app for image quality (contrast or brightness) so I can’t correct the night image. I am disappointed and don’t understand why Ring doesn’t fix this. Are others having the same issue?

Try altering the colour night vision setting found in device settings/video settings

1 Like