Wired doorbell with compatible mechanical chime not working?

Hi there. I have just installed a wired Ring doorbell to my existing Friedland D107 Facet compatible mechanical chime but the chime won’t work. I have disabled the Alexa skill, have unlinked my Amazon accounts and receive all notifications, video stream etc on my phone but can’t get the internal chime to sound. Interestingly, when I first set it up I used the bypass cable (as instructed) as I intended to use my Sonos Alexa-enabled speakers for the chime but the volume of the chime is so quiet (and cannot be individually adjusted) that it is unusable. After disabling the Alexa skill, unlinking the amazon account and removing the bypass cable, the mechanical chime would not stop ringing! So, I cut the power and then reset the doorbell, only to find that the mechanical chime won’t work at all now. Please help!!! Thanks!!!

Hi @user4496. Which model of Ring Doorbell are you installing? If you are using the Video Doorbell Wired, it will not ring your internal chime and your internal chime must be bypassed. You can use a Ring Chime or a compatible Alexa device to hear audible alerts inside your home. We have a wiring diagram for the Doorbell Wired in our Help Center Article here. I hope this helps. :slight_smile: