Windows10 App Live View stops working after about 40 second

My iOS app is working fine but after about 40 seconds on my desktop app, the Live View disappears. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it was working like normal for a couple of days and now the same issue again. Any advice?

1 Like

Hi @dvppaul. Try joining the conversation on this thread here. A few other neighbors have asked this question before. I hope this helps!

1 Like

I figured out how to get the Ring app for windows 10 to run a longer live view like it use to do before the 30 sec glitch ……

1. left click start menu on windows task bar.
  2. Locate the RING app and right click.
  3. Left click on “more”
  4. Left click “App Options”
  5. Scroll down and select “Reset” and then reset the app. now your done .

Now next time you open your RING app you will have to log in again and they will send a code to your phone or email whatever you setup with them. Enter the code and now your live view will run without a time limit.

But here’s the kicker , as long as the app is running it will continue to work so like me i will just “minimize” the app and keep it on the task bar below without closing it and it works everytime i hit live view, but the minute i close the app all together and reopen it im back to the 30 sec live views again and will have to reset again if i want longer than 30sec. Hope this helps out.

Do worry Ring is planning to take away your Windows Ring App All together. Bye Bye Live view because they ain’t giving it to us through ring.com either. Hope you have a cell phone glued to your body. Cheers!

Hi neighbors, we understand your frustration and appreciate your feedback. You can now access Live View from your Ring.com account through your supported web browser. Depending on what device you have, this feature update allows you to use two-way talk, enable sound, activate your siren, or turn on the lights.

Once again, we do appreciate your feedback on the discontinuation of the Ring Desktop app and we will be sharing it with our team. Please see our Help Center article here for more info on this. Thank you for your understanding!