Windows PC error 0x80131500 on accessing device health

Recently in the Ring App (2.4.6. x64) on Windows 10 (1909 18363.476) I can no longer access device health on the Doorbell 2. I get the message “Something went wrong :frowning: The error code is 0x80131500”. I have tried installing the app on other PCs and get exactly the same error so there is nothing specific to my PC. Otherwise the Windows 10 app works as expected with live view and answering the bell, although the only options for configuration are notifications. I can view the device health on the associated chimes. Using Android mobile I can access all functions and settings on the Ring Doorbell 2. Any ideas?

1 Like

Hi I have the same problem when accessing device health
I think its not limited to the Ring Doorbell device but all devices accessed via a Windows 10 PC.
From my tests I have the following
Ring Doorbell - errors with The error code is 0x80131500
Ring 2nd Generation Battery Stick Up Cam - errors with The error code is 0x80131500
Ring Battery / Solar Spot Light cam - errors with The error code is 0x80131500
Ring Chime Pro - works with no problem

I think it maybe a windows 10 application error
Attached me results from testing.
Will Ring be issuing an update maybe a bug as a result of windows 10 19/09

Ring Device Health Windows 10.pdf (76.3 KB)

3 Likes

There is a much larger thread on this at https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-App/Checking-device-health-from-Win10-app/m-p/7170

1 Like

I too had the same issue on my PC. I uninstalled the app and rebooted my PC but that did not help. The app on my phone works just fine and I noticed that my battery was low and needed charged. I removed the doorbell and charged the battery and also unstalled the app again. Replaced the doorbell and installed app again and logged in. Device health now is working on my PC. I don’t know if this is a fix or just lucky.

The windows app was updated last night. Another thread has stated that it was and everything is working again.

You have to go to windows firewall = advance setting and put a new inbound rule =next

Click program - next path type in ring - next allow connection - next leave all checked -

next name it ring.com and finish then refresh under inbound rules and your done…

LOGIN TO THE APP AND THEN YOU WILL GET AND E-MAIL CODE TO PUT IN BEFORE YOU CAN LOGIN . HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU !!!

dajbubb70

1 Like