Windows 10 App Stopped Working

My Ring Doorbell 3 is working fine on my Samsung Galaxy, my IPad, and my Amazon Show 8 and up until today on my laptop with Windows 10. However, this morning when I clicked on my icon on the laptop i was taken to the ‘Install a device’ page. I have uninstalled the app several times and reinstalled but cant get my laptop to have anything to do with the doorbell.

Unfortunately, the Windows App is very limited and I don’t think it’s been updated in quite a while. Mine still works, but I think they want us to use the website or the phone app rather than Windows. When I look at the website, it doesn’t seem to have the options that the Android app has and I wish they’d add all these abilities to the Windows App as using it on a bigger screen would be very helpful.

I suggest that you try the following … Launch the Task Manager and open a new PowerShell window with administrative privileges. Then run this command to re-install all of your Windows apps: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "(_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.