Why is Motion Warning not Working on Wired Floodlight Cam Pro?

So far I am sooooo unhappy with my first Ring product, which is the Wired Floodlight Cam Pro. I already have a post about the fact that the motion lights go off every 30 seconds all freaking night with no motion and the camera does not record any motion of what is setting the lights off. I have another camera system to verify there is no motion, but I digress.

So now I see there is a new option of “Motion Warning.” I wondered what that was and saw it speaks a message when it detects motion to tell the possible person they are being recorded and it only works on certain devices and they must be wired. Well my Wired Flood light Cam Pro is on the list of supported devices. The option is there. When I turn the option on, it gives me a message saying, “This Ring Device Doesn’t Support Motion Warning.” It goes on to say if it is not working on a supported device then to make sure I have the latest app…

I have a supported device and the latest app. It does not work. Nothing with this very expensive camera seems to work! What is the deal with things not working right on one of your newest and most expensive devices? This is unbelievable.

The Motion Warning should certainly be compatible with your Camera model as long as you are in the US. Try completing a fresh setup process for this Floodlight Camera in your Ring app. This should help reintroduce the feature and check for any updates your Camera might need. Great call on checking the Ring app version. Please also ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device.

If this concern persists and you’re unable to get Motion Warning enabled on a compatible device, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I did the fresh setup for the camera and that did resolve the problem and it works fine.

Now I just need the problem of the motion light coming on every 15-30 seconds all night with no recorded motion to get resolved next.

That’s been a problem going on for months with no fix. They refuse to acknowledge anyone who mentions it probably because they know its a hardware defect and not something they can simply patch with an update. Because why would they won’t to lose millions recalling defective products. Pretty shady

1 Like

Ring broke the floodlight cam with the last firmware update and refuse to fix it.

1 Like