Why do I get the spinning wheel and Activating device when ever I go to live viewing

I had installed my Video pro Ring door bell few months ago, it worked well until recently. I go to live view when I get a notification that someone is at the door, how ever now I only get the spinning wheel with “activating device” on the screen. It never resolved on a timely way. If this continues then remind me what did I pay the $100+ for, as it doesn’t work as it’s supposed to.

Interesting that it worked like a charm for the trial period with 4 sec pre-recording of any detection. As soon as the trial was over and I didn’t subscribe to the service this thing has stopped working as it was supposed to.

Hi @Nevasha. Please check out our Community post here for more information on how to address this concern with your Live View not activating. If you continue to have concerns after troubleshooting this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here . We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.