Why can I not set up Ring products using my phone?

Can anyone explain why and possibly give me a remedy as to why when using my mobile phone a Galaxy S20 Ultra I am unable to either set up, reconnect or reinstall my Ring products? I have to keep using my wife’s mobile to do the above.

I had to reinstall the video doorbell Pro and discovered this then, happened when I went to change the network from 2.4GHz to 5GHz as I read that this was a better channel for the doorbell to work on though I am yet to be convinced.

So any ideas?

Hey @JonLeda. Are you receiving a specific error message when trying to setup? I would ensure that you have location services turned on and smart network switch, in wifi settings, turned off as well as bluetooth. These things have been known to be problematic if not properly configured during setup. Lastly, make sure you are logged in under the owners email address to make any account changes. I hope this helps!

1 Like

I have just started to have issues now setting up my chime using my phone with all the advice given, however, I can set it up in literally 3 mins using my wife iPhone, I really do feel this is an issue Ring need to address somehow. I appreciate there must be issues but your not talking to Apple here Android phones and their makers are a bit friendlier I was led to believe.

Anyhow please sort it out as my other half is getting annoyed that I need her phone every 2 days.

Hi @JonLeda. In this case, it may be best for you to contact our support team directly so they can take a deeper look at what you’re experiencing on your end. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.