Where to purchase a replacement flex cable for ring Peephole Cam

Hi,

I broke the flex cable when moving the unit, but cant find out where i can buy a replacement? Please help!

Hey @walmsleyjames. What cable are you referencing? The Pro Power Kit or something else? If you could take a picture of what is broken this may help!

1 Like

Heres the pictre

@walmsleyjames I know you mentioned in your title that you have a Doorbell Pro, but do you actually have the Peephole cam? If so, it looks like you’re looking for the spare parts which you can find here!

1 Like

Hi, this is exactly what i need! However i’m having 2 problems:

• Adding to cart, it adds to chart, but then when i checkout or view cart is disappears

• This product isnt listed in the acessories page so i can only access it via your link

Hi,

Is shipping available to Australia? When in checkout it states not available to the address/

Thanks

When I go to the Australian site, there is no listing for peep hole cams at all. I don’t think it’s sold there yet possibly or not listed in Ring’s website there. So, the part isn’t showing up either… My guess is it’s not available there.

@walmsleyjames Sorry for the delay on getting back to you! I’m glad we nailed exactly what you need, although @Eagle328 is exactly right in this situation. Since we do not offer the Peephole Cam in the AU yet, you will need to give our support team a chat or call here to see if they can still ship out this replacement part on your behalf!

1 Like

I’m also havin the same problem ,I broke the cable yesterday while checking it was connected correctly as the live video view keeps turning black and white but the replacement flex cable is out of stock on the uk website,when will they be back in stock as the device is now useless

Hi @hash70. I would check the original packaging, as it should come with an extra ribbon cable. If not, you can contact our support team for further assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I’ve looked high and low for the replacement flex cable that is seen inside of the doorbell peep camera. It said there was supposed to be a spare in the box but there is not. So I called customer service and the only solution they have is sending me a return label and I have to send my camera back in and the whole thing gets replaced so now I have to be a week at least without protection because they can’t sell this cable. Horrible experience so far with this camera and ring as a whole

Where can I find this to purchase in the US store? There was no extra cable in my box and on the first instal the cable was cut by the locking nut. I called customer support, but I believe they are sending a charging cable for the battery instead of the flex cable. They did not seem to understand what I was talking about. Btw, if they make the locking but screw into the tube instead of outside the tube, these problems probably would not happen as much.

Peephole camera flex cable going in between the hole and the metal ring is a very poor design causing the cable to get damage by the friction. I damaged 2 cables trying the install. Being extra extra careful on third time was a success. Now that cable is damaged after a year and out of warranty. They did not cover the part even I have the plus subscription plan. And now the camera is useless because I can’t find a replacement flex cable for the peephole cam anywhere.

Hi @Mikemng. The Ring Protect Plus Plan does give your device and extended warranty, which you can find out more about this here. I would reach back out to our support team regarding your open support ticket to see if this is the case.

1 Like

Hi @Tom_Ring , i’m having the same trouble as some people here, my flex cable broke for the peephole camera and now it’s impossible to find one to replace. And as far as i could see this issue seems to happen with many users and nearly everyone tries to find that cable. I currently have the subscription plan, but i’m not sure if they would send the cable to me since i’m in Brazil.

I have the exact same problem. When I was moving, I called ring support for help with removing the camera so I wouldn’t damage the cable. I was INSTRUCTED to break it because “I can just order a new one”. Now I called ring support to order a new one and they said there’s no such thing. They’re telling me that they don’t actually have the part to replace for this particular camera so they have to replace the whole camera. This is definitely a 2/10 review for sure. Get it together Ring!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Need replacement ribbon cable for Ring Peephole