What happened to the preview

Right before the big crash the other day I could see the preview of what was going on my iPhone without having to activate my alarm. I don’t know what happened and I really loved this feature. Now If I activate the motion detection won’t my

alarm be activated? And if there is any motion the alarms will all go off correct? The only time the preview pictures will show up is when my alarm is on “Away” mode. I don’t know what happened but before the crash everything was working fine and now I just hate this thing. I really liked the feature of just opening up the ring app while in “Home” mode and being able to see what was going around my house without my alarms going off. I could also keep watch of my son in our enclosed backyard without the alarms going off. I already talked to someone from ring and they agreed that that feature was not available anymore. An d. The reason I am writing this is because I wrote a review on Apple app and was told what to do to resolve this issue. I can tell you that I have tried and you can even see in the pictures that the issue isn’t resolved. And before the video would automatically record and refresh itself when going into “away” mode. Now I have to press each camera to refresh it and if i don’t it doesn’t refresh on its own and won’t record anything. This app really sucks and if I had known all of this I would not have purchased all 3 ring products I have now. I am having so many issues with my ring cameras now it’s not even fun. I really used to like using the app and now I just HATE IT! Something is wrong and I am paying for a service that isn’t even user friendly! And if I don’t tap and the camera nothing won’t be recorded.

Hi @Emtinhawaii. Thanks for taking the time to detail what you’re experiencing. It looks like you may need to adjust your Mode settings so that the Live View and motion detection is enabled for Home mode as well as Away mode. It’s important to note that the motion detection on your Cameras will not trigger your Ring Alarm system if you have one installed. To make changes to your Mode settings, open the Ring App > Main Menu > Settings > Modes > Home > Cameras. Here you’ll be able to ensure that Live View is toggled on, and you can choose if you’d like motion detection to be toggled on or off for when you enable Home Mode. This should take care of this concern for you, but if it doesn’t, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look at what you’re experiencing. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like