What are the best settings?

Hello, I installed about 10 path lights, not solar. I have had them less than 2 weeks and the batteries are already at 30%. They are not on during the day, they only turn on with motion. What settings do I need to optimize? Should I make only certain ones detect motion? I need them at the max brightness though. Lithium batteries? HELP!

Hi @mfranzel. Ring Pathlights are designed to last around a year on one set of batteries under normal use. Battery life is dependent on device settings, usage, and other factors such as the weather. Brightness may decrease as battery life is depleted. If possible, you can try setting the brightness down a bit or adjusting which ones are coming on with motion.

We recommend using standard alkaline batteries in Pathlights. Rechargeable batteries will work in Ring Pathlights, though they may not last as long as alkaline batteries. Heavy-duty batteries should not be used in Ring Pathlights. Lithium batteries will also work in Ring Pathlights and are recommended when the weather is extremely cold. You can learn more about Ring devices and cold weather in our Help Center Article here. I hope this information helps. :slight_smile:

Hello, but this did not help at all. I am looking for you to provide the optimal settings I can use to make my lights last. They lasted 2 weeks!