Welcome neighbor! Please introduce yourself

Hi - I just installed my Ring Pro. The video is great but when I ring the bell my phone does not give me the option to voice chat. What do i need to do? Mark

Hello John and Cindy from Henderson Nevada
Question we just installed our ring chime so we can hear the Chirps when the doors are opened. Also so that when the alarm is activated….the front door opens and a sound alerts our Elderly Dad that the alarm is ON and needs to be deactivated.
The doorbell is great but no chimes when the alarm is set. Please help

Hey neighbors, welcome to the Community! For any questions or concerns, please locate the appropriate category for your question and create a post there. This will ensure your question is not missed, and another member of the Community or someone from our team can offer general troubleshooting assistance. :slight_smile:

Hi, I am a retired senior, I just got a new ring wired doorbell so I don’t have too much experience with ring yet and I like to play cribbage.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m a new UK Ring 2nd Gen user basically still trying to get to grips with the wired system.
Couple of questions. Does anyone recommend getting an internal chimer for the house which works throughout or do you need more than one, and finally (for now :blush:) is there a system that can be added to alert you when you’re in the back garden if you don’t have your phone with you? Thanks for all the tips I’ve read on here so far.

Hello everyone, good night

1 Like

Hi I am Mary from NewYork. Me and my husband just moved in the neighborhood about a month. And we purchased the ring for the very first time. So we are excited to see what all features it has available.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone! Mary from NewYork. It’s my honor to be apart of the neighborhood. I purchased the ring for the very first time, so I am still going through all of the features.

1 Like

Hi! Jan from Whitehall, PA. My husband and I are both active, but retired folks. I had purchased a Ring for my younger sister as an early Christmas present, and she was enjoying it so much we decided to treat ourselves, too. Just figuring out the bells and whistles still, and needed the help of an electrician to install a new chime transformer to link our existing doorbell, but so far everything is going well. We have two beautiful Lhasa Apso girls who also like to act as a “dog bell,” so the need to hear the indoor chime.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, 1st time using a Ring and it’s been a great experience so far. Hope everyone stay safe.

2 Likes

Hi I’m Richard from NZ.
Purchased a Ring Stick Up Elite - for use by entrance. My first security camera. Was attracted to POE - have recently had house renovated and cabled to all four corners.
Easy install - thanks.

3 Likes

I have been using a RING DOORBELL since 2019 and have recently got a few more cameras. I stay in Pennsylvania. Thank you for your wonderful products.

3 Likes

Old guy, and very new to ring new to ring, keep smiling

2 Likes

Hi Neighbors! Welcome to the Ring Community and thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’m Melissa from Northeast Indiana and I just purchased the Ring video doorbell 2nd gen a couple weeks ago. I have to say I really like the doorbell, it was simple to set up on the Ring app… BUT… I’m having a heck of a time getting my doorbell to work correctly with our Amazon fire tv cubes and our echo dots! It’s to the point I’m getting really frustrated :woozy_face: I’ve went over the settings on the Alexa app and I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Both me and my mom have a fire tv cube and an echo dot, hers in the living room and mine in my bedroom. My mom’s 81 yrs old and I have to constantly remind her that she has to tell Alexa to answer the front doorbell if someone rings it to talk to them. When I first set up the doorbell you can see the person at the doorbell on her tv, and could hear them talking, but we could not talk back so we weren’t being heard outside thru the doorbell. I can use the Ring app on my phone just fine for communication both ways, it’s just the fire TV’s and the echo dots that are giving me fits and a headache to boot… Other than that I love my doorbell and plan on expanding my ring products as soon as I can! I’m very happy to be here and to meet all my new neighbors! Much love from Indiana and “Happy New Year 2023”

MelissaB :snowman_with_snow::snowflake::snowman_with_snow::snowflake::us:

Hi from Birmingham (UK)

I hve my first Ring product… Wired Doorbell. It is great to have it working and provide some security. Having set up the active zones I don’t have notifications that are of no interest to me… only those who come near or press the doorbell.

pleased so far.

1 Like

Hello I’m Ann. I been a ring user for years and just moved so I could down size.

1 Like

Hello I’m new to ring I have a ring device now and glade

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Doorbell 3 Shipping

Ronald here (Netherlands).
Just got my first Ring doorbell and Chime.
Still figuring out how to set the perimeters.

For now it is working ok.
Only had to reset once when it stops with giving the Ring sound if someone pressed the button.