Welcome neighbor! Please introduce yourself

Hi @RenMol. Please review this Community update here regarding the Ring desktop app. For future questions, you can post in the category that corresponds with your Ring device so your question is easier to find by our team and other members of the Community. If you’re ever unsure where to post, you can create a topic in General Questions.

My name is Sheila. I am a widow of 5 years. Which is why I got the Rings cameras. I live in southeast Alabama. I am having a bit of a problem though trying to get this setup. I am waiting for my brother to come and put the cameras up.
I live alone with my 2 furbabies. I am glad to be here.

1 Like

Very strange forum.
Telling me to reply to introduce myself but there were no ‘reply’ to activate this.
Presuming probably because i am not too happy with ring.
The door camera is sort of ok, but the stickup battery one is another matter.
It is showing me views for past events but refuses to show me ‘live’ view.
So i brought it in and put it next to the router and guess what? Yes still not showing live, stuck in ‘loading’
Ready to try the simply safe cameras because i am fed up, really fedup!

I know…., I’m looking for that too

Hi neighbors. As a reminder, please direct any troubleshooting questions or concerns to the appropriate category. This thread is a space for new neighbors to introduce themselves to each other. You can create a new topic in the correct category by clicking “+ New Topic”, which will allow you to write a post detailing what Ring device you have and what concern you’re experiencing. Other members of the Community or a member of our team can then provide general troubleshooting assistance in your newly created topic. :slight_smile:

Hello I’m new to the community but have had a ring doorbell for a couple of years

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
Just joined as I have a few questions to ask the community and hopefully you’ll be able to provide the answers for me.
I’m from the U.K and have had Ring products for the last 3 years. A doorbell, a chime pro, 3 outdoor stick up cams and an indoor cam.
I have gained the user experience from the current devices I have but I’m definitely no Ring genius.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Jessica and I reside smack dab in the middle of North Dakota. I love my Ring cameras especially the motion activated live view and talk back features. What an amazingly user friendly, innovative invention. These cameras are essential when it comes to affordable home security.

2 Likes

Hi my name is Danette but everybody calls me Dani I live here on stop 19 (stop 19 is what they use to call the road i live on, from when the train ran through here) and have lived here for about 12 years. This home is a family home. It was my ex-husbands grandmothers house that they built in 1972. I live here with my 19 year old son Zandin and my ex-husband Troy also lives on the proporty in the RV in the driveway. We are animal lovers and have 4 dogs, several cats that live in the house, and at least 20 cats that live outside. We ask everybody to please be careful around our proporty for the cats. We love living here and plan on living here until we die.

1 Like

Hi neighbors. Welcome to the Ring Community and thank you for introducing yourselves. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, I am new at using the ring doorbell and I love it!! I am currently searching for information on how to minimize the number of motion alerts I receive on my phone during the day. If someone has how to information I look forward to reading it.

2 Likes

Hi, I bought a Ring Doorbell off Amazon bc of a Black Friday deal. I can’t install the Ring App bc I have an old phone. Is there anyway to connect the QR code to it and me without it? HELP!!
Fun Fact: I’m a Ginger. :woman_red_haired:

1 Like

Hi neighbors!
Just got my new 5-part Ring Alarm Set 2. Gen. plus 4 additional contact sensors, 2 more motion sensors, 1 Indoor Cam, Video Doorbell 3 and Chime.
All installed meanwhile and working flawlessly.
I’m 60+, but had no problem with installation (perhaps this is the fun fact…!?).

2 Likes

Just moved to the Sunshine state and had to get my ring on! Love this product can’t wait to learn more!

2 Likes

I’ve just purchased a Ring Alarm system to replace a professionally installed and monitored system. I installed contact and motion sensors and an outdoor solar powered cam and 2 indoor/garage cams. I’ve also signed up for Pro monitoring. I’m certainly hoping for the best!
So far, I’m very impressed. The technology makes installation fairly simple. Relative to professional installation and monitoring it’s a real bargain. My existing provider offered to “upgrade” my system for $1.5K. Vivent quote was $4K+! Monitoring from each $50+/month. Yikes!
For me it will all come down to equipment, software and Pro Monitoring performance and stability. While I appreciate the technology my primary aim is to secure my home. Again, I’m hoping for the best!
I do seem to order new add-ons every day!

1 Like

I studied criminal justice in college in NC. I then went to basic law
Enforcement training school. I learned with very high proficiency in NC Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Case Law and constitution law. I succeeded passed my state board and was immediately hired on a small police department. About six months later opportunity to go to bigger PD higher pay and different county. I’m to assure you with my all of my criminal justice classes started back when dual enrollment in middle school all the way until basic. Everything I did like the ride along and all that was unpaid. I’

Hey All, I am Rhonda from Florida. I am glad to be part of the community. I am a loooong time ring user. I am still using mostly 1st gen. equipment. Just thinking about adding on a few new devices with Cyber Monday discounts. Does anyone know if Ring integrates with Blink security cameras?

1 Like

Hi @user28874. We do not currently have an integration with Blink devices. We do support integrations with Amazon Alexa devices!

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been using a ring video doorbell for 5 years and have a monthly subscription to store video captures. I’m upgrading to the video doorbell pro 2.

2 Likes

Good evening everyone…my name is Alfreda. I am a retired Juvenile Probation Officer from the Circuit Court of Cook County, Juvenile Division. I have worked the South Suburbs since 1978 and retired in 2008. Resided in Park Forest for 24 1/2 years. I have had the Ring Doorbell for the past 4 years…love it! Everyone stay safe and have a great upcoming HOLIDAY!

2 Likes