Welcome neighbor! Please introduce yourself

Hi @firefly3. Welcome to the Ring Community! I’m sorry to hear about the break-in. The Solar Panel can have one compatible Ring device connected to it. If you go to the Accessories section on ring.com and search “Solar Panel”, you can see a list of the Solar Panels we have available. The product page will list which Ring device is compatible with each Solar Panel. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello im Sallie from Shoreline

3 Likes

I have
Ived here for 4 yrs

2 Likes

Hi My name is Kenny.
First time Ring security system user coming from conventional central monitoring alarm system for my business and so far I’m loving it. Too many features that comes with Ring that I love but to name a few… I’m liking the guest user feature to give each employees different codes, separate siren unit that i placed on the outside, cell line monitoring incase wifi is down or not connected, battery back up incase power is out, activate the alarm from app on my phone, event log to see when someone activated/deactivated alarm, notification when a sensor had set off or tampered, practice mode to test alarm whenever I need to test or practice, motion detection chime not just for setting off the alarm but also use as customer coming in alert during business hours, range extender which connects sensors that are far away from base so now I have sensors to back door and roof access, Ring community where people share interesting ideas and ask questions, neighbors sharing videos to support and warn each other.
I’m learning about more accessory that i can integrate to Ring, so I think my list will only grow. Like the Ring always home cam. Can I please be invited to the Day 1 edition??

Here is my story to Ring…
I own a convenience store, which had break in last week. Thieves cut the electrical, phone, and internet wires, so the central alarm station never received the alarm signal so they can notify me or the police. I got woken up to a phone call from a customer 4 hours later. And this time damage was way greater than other times this has happened. Thieves must have took their time clearing my store out without any communication to alarm company or power to cctv camera. They even unmounted the heavy safe and ATM along with high priced inventory. It was devastating blow to my business, which was already struggling to keep up with inflation. Been depressed mode, spent sleepless nights for a week, not even wanting to be in the store, to the point I was gagging. People would tell me I should hire a patrol service or suggest solutions that were very obvious, but way out of budget and impossible which was more sad to hear, than received as comforting ideas. (Which is why I think Ring Always home cam is perfect solution)
But I guess, I guess it’s not time for me to quit yet. things started to turned up. Close friends lend me some funds for repair, replace, and stock up enough to get it going for now so I can build up again. First thing I looked to replace was the alarm system. Ring had features that would remedy what my current alarm system had failed, such as cell line and battery back up. and lot more which I listed above. Everything was good, but two days after i got the Ring system as I was researching accessories for Ring, I noticed it went on pre prime day sale and was selling at like $100 less than what I just paid for. WHAT?!? Every penny is so valuable at this stage, so I contacted amazon customer service chat to ask if i could get for sale price, but I was informed that if i returned the unit I purchased and need to reorder. My unit I received had no fault and I had no legitimate reasons to return, so I thanked for the time and ended the chat. Next day I received a email from Nishtha at amazon telling me that I would get credited $89 for the price difference!!! You don’t know how thankful I was when reading that email. When i was thinking the world is going to some @#$@ place and so many people just seemed like thieves was making me so depressed. I’m thankful for the good people that are still contributing to keeping this world beautiful, and I hope to be part of it too. I’m very optimistic that Ring will help me deter !@@% trying to stop me. Sorry for the long intro and now am embarrassed… but thank you…

2 Likes

Gina Miller, I live in the Gilmore Place Subdivision in Metairie 70001 zip code. I am new to using the Ring Bell, I like it. The past 6 months have been the hardest times I have ever endured due to my husband passing away on December 28th, 2021. I have been away for 8 months due to a roof breach during hurricane Ida. My house had to be gutted and rebuilt inside. Im home, I miss him, and im glad I have the Ring bell to help protect me. I have a dear friend moving in with me, and my grieving is being addressed. Attorneys for everything. My homeowners insurance Lighthouse Excalibur went bankrupt before paying me a big chunk of what they owe. I have Louisiana Insurance Guaranty Association helping me, FEMA will not help because I had homeowners insurance. So here I am. Sending out positive energy to all.

1 Like

Hi All, I am Joyce and I have Ring doorbells on my doors. Very clear images! I just set up the Ring Alarm System, and I am trying to learn how to use it. It is somewhat different than the other alarm system I had. I want two additional cameras outside, but installation service is not offered that I can find. I’ve had my doorbells for approximately 4 years. My nickname is Kermitress because everyone thinks I love frogs. I do not!!! Pesky co-workers used to buy me frogs as a joke, and I have accumulated several of them over the years. They were teasing me because I confided that I had tried frog legs at a restaurant and liked them .

3 Likes

Hi @KERMITRESS! Welcome to the Ring Community :frog: !

1 Like

I am a newbie to the ring products. We have a ring doorbell and 2 floodlights to start and see how things go with these. We have a lot of wild life in our neighborhood, black bear, racoons, coyote, deer, ducks :grinning:. We want to be able to see what happens around our home and also for security as well. It’s great to be here with you all in the community!

3 Likes

Hi I’m Michael. I’ve e used Ring doorbells for as long as they’ve been around and home automation for about 30 years.

I have two Ring doorbells one on our backyard door, two ringers, four hardwired floodlight cameras and two battery’ and Solar floodlights.

I also have a lot of Kasa devices in our house and other IOT devices.

2 Likes

Hi my name is Sam
I have just bough a ring doorbell pro 2
First time i have used this product

3 Likes

I just bought a ring bell before this app it qas just recordings but thank god i had it when i did… i recorded a stranger threyening me. It also helps me humanelybcatch cats have them spayed an neutered. Or reunite them with their lost owners

I’m Melanie, I live in Western New York, have 2 doorbells, have had then about a month now

1 Like

Hello
From UK. Have doorbell and alarm.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi. I’m Rob. I decided to utilize the Ring family of home security and wireless devices it has to offer. Im excited to join the community and help out in any way I can.

1 Like

Hello, My name is Susan. I’m retired from AISD I was an aid for special needs and teacher’s children, pre K. I love children and animals.

2 Likes

Welcome neighbors! We’re excited to have you here in the Community and hope you enjoy exploring the boards. :smiley_cat:

I live in Oregon. I’m retired and it’s nice to have a camera to see when UPS and Fed Ex are arriving. It looks like the Ring is going to work very well for me.

2 Likes

Hello,. StevenNGwen here. We just bought a house in the area and have installed the Ring doorbell camera system. So far all is well. We are looking forward to being a part of the community and helping when possible.

1 Like

Hey, I just bought a doorbell. Will be awesome, I’m sure! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Loving my Ring doorbell. Wish I would have had it a year ago when I was having issues with my neighbor. If the sheriffs dept could have had a video of him, things would have been way different.