Welcome neighbor! Please introduce yourself

Hello neighbors! My name is Steven. I live in Austin Texas and just getting started with familiarizing myself with the Ring Community app " Neighbors" and its very useful features for keeping communities connected, safer and more secure. Currently I have a wired security video system (Lorex 4K, smart deterrence, night vision etc) but Im also a new Ring video doorbell owner and I believe in my neighborhood , from my personal observation, Ring is arguable the most widely used/popular security camera doorbell in use however its utility, for home security, community safety etc is magnified when Neighbors are connected and working together especially during times of local or national emergencies and Natural Disasters, and public safety etc. More to share, but I think this will be a tremendous value-add to our new Parkside 360 Committee.

2 Likes

Hello……my name is Jerry

2 Likes

Hi im Liz in the new haven area single parent mother of 6, 5 boys 1 girl thank you for having me in your neighborhood God Bless you all.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Ring Community, neighbors! We’re happy to have you here and hope you’re enjoying your Ring devices and the peace of mind they provide. :slight_smile:

Hi, Tony from Wokingham, UK here. I have a few Ring devices now and I’m slowly trying to work out how to customise the modes, etc… I’m looking forward to using and contributing to the Community.

1 Like

Thanks for the update

1 Like

I’m Merrilee. I’m fairly new to Ring and I’m not very happy. I’ve spent over $1,000 on my Ring devices. I don’t love smartphones and prefer to use a standard computer unless I’m away from home. Ring’s website (theoretically full-functioning) doesn’t have full functionality and that is just ridiculous. Today I had to use the app instead of my computer to enter my police permit #. I actually had to call support to figure out how to do this, also ridiculous. The website should offer this option (it doesn’t) and every other option available in the app. My approach to computer use is that EVERYTHING should be intuitive and easily figured out by the average user. Ring FAILS MISERABLY.

1 Like

Hello all,
I just moved in the neighborhood and would like to introduce myself. First I must say, I’m new to Ring. I’ve had knockoff doorbells but, Ring is incredible for the short I’ve had it and learning how to use it. I’m a young 64 year old male that is disabled due to bone cancer and more but, I don’t comply. I just say that because people don’t like to ask. I have a 35 lb. service dog that a lot of people can’t believe what he can do. I’m not sure what I should say so, please tell me what to do and say. I’m a new Ring 4 Bell and learning that. I’d like to hear from anyone that can tell me what I should do here.
Thanks All,
Mark (151957)
P.S. hope I remembered that right. Don’t be afraid to be blunt and educate me. :grinning:
Nope, it’s 195715 sorry

2 Likes

Hi. I have a ring door bell and a 2nd gen stick up camera I’m struggling to get the best out of them at the moment, hoping I can resolve my problem on this forum

Hi everyone.
This Dave from West Wales in the UK.

Had a Ring doorbell for ages then decided to beef up security in our home. Within a few weeks
I now have the following:

1 x Floodlight cam pro
2 x Spotlight can wired
3 x Stickup cam battery
1 x Alarm system
1 x Siren
Numerous contact sensors and motion detectors
2 x keypads.

Bank account is looking a bit hammered but I am well happy to be more secure.

Cheers

3 Likes

Hi, I have had a ring 2nd gen doorbell since Feb 21 and it has really served its purpose and I love it, after coming back off holiday 2 days ago I put my doorbell on charge then found I couldn’t reconnect to the internet, I have tried everything possible to get it up and running again but keep getting the message “unable to connect to internet check your internet connection” I have done all this but to no avail, any help would be greatly appreciated, there is nothing wrong with my internet. Thank you in advance.

Hi @user9662. Welcome! I suggest creating a post in the Doorbells board, as this is where you’ll have the most success reaching other neighbors who can share their experience with you. You can find the Doorbell board here.

2 Likes

Hi there, I’m really sorry but I have never used an online forum before and am struggling a little! Is this thread where I post questions? If not, could someone please tell me where I need to be?! I was looking for “start a new thread” but the only option for that wouldn’t let me click on it?!
I have the cheapest version of the ring doorbell (wired ring doorbell). It says both on the box and on the online shop that it has night vision. Which I presumed meant it could see in low light? I live on at the bottom of a cul-de-sac and there are street lights but the doorbell shows nothing at night apart from glare off of the thin bit of wall next to it? I saw something on the help pages that said something about adjusting the settings for night vision to something like “standard-no glare” “glare from a wall” and some other option but I cannot find these settings in my app? I got to device settings and then to video settings and the only two options I get are Tap camera preview for Live view and Video recording length? Please help!!!

Hello, my name is Brenda Smith and I have lived in Woodcreek for 8 years. I love to work in my yard.

1 Like

Hello. I’m jo. Just had a doorbell fitted and struggling with it! Can anyone please say how I turn the volume of the outside bell down. It’s deafening the neighbours. I also have other problems but will just ask this first. Thank you.

Thank you. Hello. How would I turn down the volume of the outside bell ring please? It deafening the neighbours. Thanks.

Hello to All. I am new at this so it will take a bit of patience. I am truly excited about being apart of the group. I look forward to the journey.

Hi I am new user for stick up out door cam door bell started first so fa I like the products

Hello

I’m Connie from Florida. I love RING

3 Likes

Hello there, i am called the Coolafrican, i am in the south. I have been a ring customer since the beginning os 2020. J like it very much so. Looking forward to know the community :grinning:

2 Likes