Weird stick up cam battery behaviour

Really pleased with my battery stick up cams until last night. Had them for just over a month. Last week-end we had a wifi outage for two days. Thought nothing of it but batteries drained I guess due to constant hunting! I recharged & factory reset - all good. Thought next time I will disarm on outage. Couple of days later: I tend to use the disarm mode when I am in and out of the sensor range at home but last night when I went to activate Away they would just not work. No notification ping though my partners phone was pinging? They were recording in Disarm & history just kept spinning! Seem to be working in reverse? Again pulled them down, tried quick reset & full reset - nothing. Re installed Ring on my phone. Thought might be an IOS 14 thing? Eventually after second full re-set they worked normally & all the pings came trough. My wifi was working fine on all other devices. Re-installed this morning - fingers crossed but a little dissapointed as I dont understand whats going on and a lot of wasted time! Think I will just leave on Away. Any help gratefully received?

Hi @Kevw47. Thanks for sharing details on what you’re experiencing and what steps you’ve tried so far. If this same concern continues to happen after the reset that you tried, it may be best for you to reach out to our support team directly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a deeper look into your account and device and provide more advanced troubleshooting assistance. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: