Website Error after login

I can no longer login to ring.com website. I enter my login details & 2FA and when the page loads I see this instead of account/camera info.

I have tried deleting cache & cookie for domain and have the same issue.

I am using Firefox latest… coded due to only being able to attach one image. https://i.imgur.com/pGMaXPI.png

I can use the android app without problems.

Hi @Gavo34. Are you using a VPN on your computer? if you are, make sure to disable the VPN as the Ring app and Ring website do not support the use of VPNs. You can also try using a different web browser to see if this same error persists across different web browsers, or if it is isolated to Firefox.

I am not using a VPN, my IP is fixed ISP one.

Login worked with Chrome, I tried Firefox incognito (0 plugins enabled) and still the same error.

Its a shame your site is not currently compatable with FireFox, I will try another time.

Here is FireFox console log of requests when logging into /account/ maybe it’s a cloudfront problem.
console-export - 0028ab49

Is this ever going to be fixed?

I tried un-installing firefox, cleaning up all leftover data & re-install.

Ring website still showed the same error after logging in so I tried a VM fresh install and the error persists.

Hi @Gavo34. I’m happy to chime in here. Since you have tried the basic troubleshooting steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.