Voicemail from monitoring center distorted, hard to understand

I just had my first alarm event (due to a a bad/tampered contact sensor) at 3am this morning which woke us all up. I cancelled the alarm from the keypad and a few minutes later, after I had confirmed everything was OK in the house, noticed I had a missed call from Ring (lesson learned: make sure Ring calls break through Do Not Disturb mode at night!).

I had a voicemail as well, which was the monitoring center saying the cancel had been received and no further action was necessary, if this is a real emergency, etc.

The problem is the voicemail was so distorted it was VERY hard to understand. It was like the volume was up too loud. I had to listen through it multiple times to make sure I had heard it right that no action was necessary.

So I don’t know what this would have sounded like as a “live” call, but I’m assuming the voicemail recording is the same as what I would have heard if I had answered the phone. Is this normal?

Hi @windracer. Would you mind reaching out to our support team for this concern? They can take your feedback on this, as the Community is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum rather than a direct line to support. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Support suggested I set of my alarm and have the monitoring center call again to see if its clear, suggesting maybe it was temporary interference or something this morning. My wife is on a conference call so I can’t set off the alarm now but will try later tonight.

I was able to download the voicemail from my iPhone. The forum doesn’t allow MP3s so I put it into an MP4, attached, so you can hear how bad the audio was (I trimmed out the part with my name and address).

What a difference! Did a few tests and the live call and voicemail were perfect. Guess it was a one-time problem.

1 Like

@windracer I’m glad to hear the quality has been fine since, and it must have been some sort of interference that affected the audio the first time. :slight_smile: