Videos Won't Load

So, I am in need of downloading the videos from the beginning of September. I have a membership which stores the videos for a long period of time, so it’s not that that is the issue. In fact, I was happily downloading the videos just fine until I clicked on the next video I needed to download and it gave me an error telling me it couldn’t access it and to refresh the page. It’s now giving me this message every time I go to download ANY videos that aren’t from today!

I refreshed a lot, I even restarted browser and device. Nothing. I desperately need these videos for police evidence. Is this a server/cloud issue?

Hi @Melty. Have you tried downloading these videos on a different platform, such as a smartphone or tablet, to see if you get the same error? What web browser are you using, and have you tried a different one? There aren’t any current server issues, but you can always check Ring’s status page here if needed.

I am having the same issue. Video older than 6 weeks won’t download. Getting message that there is an error while downloading and to try again later. Getting this message for days whether accessing via smartphone or computer. This is NOT what I paid for in a membership. Grrrrrrr