Videos are not playing

I’m trying to watch a video on my ring doorbell app from a few days ago, but it isn’t working. Anything recorded from the 27th of February 2021 to this date can be viewed still. All recordings from the 26th do not respond when I click on the video. Anything from before the 26th gives me the message “There was an error while downloading the recording please try again later.” What can I do to fix this? I have already deleted the app and then reinstalled it.

Hi @lela1. Is the device you are trying to recover footage from still online? You can find this information in the Ring app under the Device Health tile. Have you tried viewing this footage on Ring.com? I would also ensure that if you are using a VPN, to make sure it is turned off, as this could be conflicting with the ring app.

If none of the above information has made a difference on being able to review this footage, try reaching out to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.