Video Recording Length

Battery operated device. I have chosen to up the video record time to 60 seconds via the app. Doorbell is still only recording 15 seconds. Anyone else having this problem?

Hey @Ladyrocket5. I recommend reaching out to our support team if you are still running into your videos being no longer than 15 seconds, as there may be a setting that needs to be changed to allow the full 60 second recordings. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and let me know how this goes!

@Ladyrocket5 wrote:
Battery operated device. I have chosen to up the video record time to 60 seconds via the app. Doorbell is still only recording 15 seconds. Anyone else having this problem?

@Ladyrocket5 ,

If your Motion Setting has “Motion Verification” toggled to enable, this Motion Verification will be on and, “This feature reduces unwanted motion notifications and trims recordings if motion stops before the recording ends.” It is likely you did get trimmed, resulting in only a 15-second recording.

If you always want the full 60-second whenever a detected motion triggers the recording to start, then toggle off the “Motion Verification” to disable this.

Also, I’ve notice that after a setting change, it might take at least one motion trigger event to occur for the changed settings to take effect. So, you may not get the full 60-seconds after you initially change the setting, but from that point on (second triggered event and the following) you should get the full 60-second recording.

If this doesn’t solve your recording issue, you may need to un-install your Ring App and then re-install it again. Don’t worry, you will not need to redo all your set-ups, since your configuration information is store on the Ring Cloud account (but you might need to change your Alerts settings if they return to default settings).

And if this still doesn’t solve your issue, you can return to this thread post for help, or call Ring Support:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041597471-Ring-s-Response-to-COVID-19

I hope this is helpful to you.

1 Like