Video recording jumps

Ring doorbell Pro has worked with no problem but recently has developed a glitch with playing recorded videos.
When playing back a recording the video jumps forward after 5 or 6 seconds, about a second, missing out part of the recording then plays normally, has anyone had this?

Hi @Dudders2020. I would first ensure that your Ring app is up to date. If you are running on an old version of the app, you could experience issues with video playback. You can also view and save video online at Ring.com, in addition to the Ring app. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for your answer it is the latest Ring version, It only happens on Android phones not on an iPhone or PC, downloaded video played on in built player jumps but not through MX player, have reinstalled latest Android 11 on the phone but still the same, does anyone have this problem?

1 Like

Hi @Dudders2020, happy to chime in for Tom here. I’d also suggest ensuring that your phone’s OS is fully updated to prevent any performance concerns with the Ring App. Should this concern continue to persist with the video playback, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

My doorbell Pro has developed the same problem. Its been fine for a couple of years, now the video is jumping
when viewed on Android 10, latest ring app.

I have the new doorbell pro 2 and the live feed and recorded video jump all the time, think you will find it’s the rubbish software used, good luck getting any useful help from Ring…

1 Like

Any updates since this was posted? I’m having the same thing. Playback and live view are fine on iPhone but several issues on Android with latest OS.

Hi @Tako2sday. Since the OS on your Android phone was recently updated, make sure to update your Ring app as well. Ensure any VPNs are disabled and if you haven’t closed the Ring app in awhile, force close it and reopen it before attempting to view a video again. Should you keep running into this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can investigate further. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.