Video processing, please wait

My doorbell has become useless as well. I believe it began when Ring updated the app to 5.28. I can not use live view, nor view any videos, see motion, answer rings. Nothing. My connectivity is fine, RSSI is low, etc. It is not a connection issue (that’s all Ring has to say when something is wrong with their devices.)

Frustrating.

1 Like

I have 4 ring products. Door bell and 3 security spotlight cams. Everyone of them does the same thing. If I get an alert of motion and try to go live to see what is going on, none of my cameras will show live feature until after the video has been processed. The cameras have become useless in an active event. By the time the video has processed whomever was there has left. The Ring flood light have a siren you can manually trigger if you see something a faul. But not anymore! They have long gone before I ever get to see whom it was. This needs to be fixed.

What is being done?

5 Likes

So i’m not alone. I have RingPro and three wired Spotlights. Videos are recording and are accessible via Ring’s website but every single video in the app is still in “Video is processing…” state and LiveView doesn’t work at all. According to support i should check my internet connection… But if it records videos which are accessible via website on the same device as the app then what’s the point… (not to mention all cameras has about -45dB signal)

3 Likes

I cannot access any of our videos on the app or the website. Each time I click on one it just says video processing. I can’t answer the door either. Very frustrating. The signal is fine.

1 Like

Same issue here with the ringpro. takes at least a few minutes for the video to show up. RSSI is at 50-unit is hardwired-download speed 44.0 mbps upload 11.95mbps

1 Like

Same issue. When we first bought our ring doorbell events showed up immediately. We then expanded to a motion sensor lights and they worked also, but then it’s now completely useless. Recordings sometimes take up to 5 minutes of processing to show up. Not sure why these cameras had buffers before and now they have to upload all video first before showing it to you.

Not worth it. We have one of the best routers on the market and fiber. It’s not the connection. As the numerous replies prove.

2 Likes

I hope now that Ring has flooded the market, they don’t rest on their laurels and leave consumers with what’s now become an inferior product. It makes no sense to have “smart” cameras when all you can do is view things after the fact. I was thrilled to leave ADT, but even with people detecting mode they notify me of random three movement to the tune of 150 notifications a day, so it causes me to essentially just ignore most notifications. They should cut back on the fancy packaging and reinvest in their technology.

Same “video processing” issue. Why does the video have to be processed? It shoiuldn’t be that difficult to cache a few minutes of the most recent activity on the phone and flush it to the cloud as new video is recorded. Our phones have more processing power and storage then the computers that landed Apollo on the moon. Come on Ring, do your job, that is what we pay our subscription for. Don’t blame it on my wifi, If my erro station was any closer to the doorbell, it would be outside on the porch.

2 Likes

Same issue here. I can see video between the events that are processing. It actually worked much better yesterday and then I placed another order with Ring, at which point it quit processing.

I was having the same problem. I tried turning off the timeline like you recommended and it works fine now. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have the same issue and cannot fix it no matter what I try. It would be nice if the company actually resolved it instead of making me canstantly reinstall. What is the point of this device if it does not function as advertised?

Looks like turning off the video timeline (in account settings) worked for me too.

I have the same issue and always have. It’s useless, as you stated. How do you deselect history to fix this?

Help!! I am having the same problem. I have already uninstalled and re-installed. I get my initial live camera shot and then nothing after that. Always asks me to reconnect then nothing.

Add me to the list. I just purchase a new Ring 3 Pro and from initial installation I always get the Video Processing and it never does process. I can go to the List View and see the event Video and can click Live and get a live view.

Following others I have disabled TimeLine. Incredible that Ring has not fixed this problem after 6 months.

BTW - My router is about 10 feet away and has a strong signal. I’m getting 91 Meg Down and 6 Meg Up and have the latest software as it is only 2 days old. Also I’m on a brand new IPhone 11 Max Pro.

1 Like

I have both Ring and Blink. Blink videos process instantaneously. A canned tech support answer (i.e., restart, reinstall, update) is wholly ineffective when it’s clearly a known issue with the software.

2 Likes

I have been having this issues for a couple of weeks now. lt is rare that I actually can view a video from the motion detection. They show up on my activity feed, but when I try to view them, it says “Video is processing”. It is very frustrating. I need the videos saved during motion detection, or this system is really not of use to me. It is a real problem. I am considering getting rid of RING if I cannot retrieve the videos.

Hi there, neighbors. If you’ve followed all the steps in our Live View Troubleshooting article, and confirmed that your RSSI is optimal as shown in our Community post, your live view should work as intended. Try using the Rapid Ring app, designed for the quickest access to live view, or even test on another mobile device, (if available).

If this concern persists despite checking the above variables, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Marley: You have about thirty complants here. Why don’t YOU call and let them know there is a problem.

This is not a “WIFI” problem. This is a “RING” problem. I have amazing wi fi connectivity and brand new devices with current updates and have the same problem. I will be looking for new cameras all around and doorbell as well if RING doesn’t fix this soon. They will be going out of business soon if their response to all these complaints is to blame it on everyone’s WiFi. Pathetic

1 Like