Video Playback Slider Broken in iOS

**Tried to provide feedback to Ring on an issue with the app but there is no place to submit feedback anywhere. Everything directs you to this Ring Community. Not sure if others are having the same issue but, for the past few weeks, the timer slide bar when playing back videos is broken. For example, a video may be 1 min long and the countdown on both sides works fine (i.e. the left counter increases and the right counter decreases as the video plays). But the dot along the timeline that should slide across the bar doesn’t move. It stays at zero the entire length of the video playback. So you can’t slide back and forth to fast forward or rewind to different spots in the video. I have a Video Doorbell Pro and access my videos on iOS running 13.5.5 on both iPhone and iPad. Oddly enough, the slider works fine on the native Mac app. **

3 Likes

@mdkrebs11 wrote:

**Tried to provide feedback to Ring on an issue with the app but there is no place to submit feedback anywhere. Everything directs you to this Ring Community. Not sure if others are having the same issue but, for the past few weeks, the timer slide bar when playing back videos is broken. For example, a video may be 1 min long and the countdown on both sides works fine (i.e. the left counter increases and the right counter decreases as the video plays). But the dot along the timeline that should slide across the bar doesn’t move. It stays at zero the entire length of the video playback. So you can’t slide back and forth to fast forward or rewind to different spots in the video. I have a Video Doorbell Pro and access my videos on iOS running 13.5.5 on both iPhone and iPad. Oddly enough, the slider works fine on the native Mac app. **

It works fine on my iPhone and iPad running the same iOS. Perhaps try signing out of apps and back in or even deleting the apps and reloading

I have same problem! Slider bar does not work on my iPhone X running latest ios

1 Like

I’m having the same issue on both of our IPads, even after an uninstall and reinstall. It works fine on my Android phones. What gives a d why doesn’t somebody within Ring respond?

Very frustrating!

1 Like

Hey neighbors! We have gotten reports from other neighbors alike that when playing back a video in the Event History, the elapsed time tracker/bar does not progress as the video plays. This is concern our teams are currently looking into and is specific to the iOS platform for app version 5.27 (not affected on 5.26). The video should still play correctly, as this is just a cosmetic issue. Rest assured that our team is investigating and working to resolve it as soon as possible. I will make sure to update this thread once this has been fixed and resolved. Thank you, neighbors! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Deleted apps on iPhone and iPad then reinstalled but didn’t solve the problem. Works fine in web versions of Ring and also the native Mac app but not in iOS apps. You can see in the attached the video is :26 into a 1:00 video but the slider dot is stuck all the way to the left.

I am having same problem. Very frustrating. Has to be problem with latest version of app. Have older app on another phone and it is working fine.

I have same problem! Slider bar does not work on my iPhone X running latest ios

My wife has a iPhone 6S - same issue.

Please issue a fix - paying for a service monthly. Ring service is specifically made for mobile usage.

Hey neighbors. Thank you for sharing your feedback with your experience. As previously stated, this concern should be fixed and addressed in a future app update. We appreciate your patience as our team works towards a resolution for this.

1 Like

2 Weeks later and still broken??? What’s up with the Slider in iOS? Thanks.

Hey @Kstone3. We appreciate your patience while we get this sorted out and addressed by the appropriate teams. We are hoping to bring this fix soon, but please note that this is a cosmetic bug and should not affect the playback from playing, just not show the correct time stamp in the video within the slider. If you have any issues with the app that do not allow the playback, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I wouldn’t say this is cosmetic. This directly impacts functionality. If the slider in the app doesn’t work, that’s broken functionality.

1 Like

You’re not alone. I have an iPhone XS and my husband have an iPhone 7 most updated iOS and it doesn’t work for us either. I’ve even tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Still broken 6/28/20. Annoying.

I’m having the same issue with the Timer Slider Broken when viewing any video events ever since the latest Ring Update! I thought it was just me or my phone until I finally found this thread.

This is a bug report for the latest version (5.27.2) of the iOS App and the previous version (i.e. it just started two versions ago). From the Home Screen select History. Select any videos from the archives and watch the video playback control. Notice the white dot not moving synchronously with the video. I have attached a screen shot depicting the issue. Notice my video only has 18 seconds until the end of the clip but the white dot is still at the begining of the slider control. I was hoping this issue would be fixed in this most recent update but was surprised that it still exhibits the same behavior. Surely I am not he only one who noticed this.

Same problem, video advancing, but not activity on the slide bar. Spoke with ring support a couple of weeks ago, committed to get back to me but have not. this also is a problem on iPhone 5S using iOS 12.4.7.

It has been plenty of time to get this problem fixed. Time to move on to different company and product.

Thanks for responding to our concerns @Chelsea_Ring - it’s nice to know Ring knows about this issue and is working on a fix. Looking forward to a fix soon!

Thanks.

Nathan

It is now coming up on a month since this problem was reported. Since this is a so called cosmetic bug why the long delay in getting fixed?