Video not playing

Our mailbox was knocked over last night by, I’m assuming, a snow plow. There are 3 times frames I looked at. The second one there is no video playback. The first and third, in which the first video our mailbox was intact, plays just fine. So I think the 2nd video will show what happened, but I can’t watch it. This has also happened before but didn’t really give two thoughts about it. Is this something that can be fixed so I can see the video? Or is all lost? :confused:

Hi @jamielin! Black videos can often be related to network settings or a lapse in network coverage. Please read our help article here to learn more about fixing black videos!

I have tried viewing the video on different device, even my computer at work. My WiFi connections always seems to be good/strong. I have never messed with my router as I’m not that advanced with technology. Also, how would I connect my camera to a different connection?

Thanks for the update on this @jamielin! If the network seems sufficient for video streaming, the next best thing to check would be the mobile device/ app performance. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. Please also ensure Bluetooth, VPN, and hotspots are disabled.

If this concern persists, I recommend reaching out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for more in-depth troubleshooting. :slight_smile: