Video missing from neighborhood posts

I just downloaded that app, and it also has no video or pictures. :frowning:

Actually, it just started working on the neighbors app. Not sure why it isnā€™t working on the ring app?

It actually seems to be working now, albeit REALLY slow to load. It takes minutes for it to load up. Not sure why, as nothing else has issues with loading on my phone. I have plenty of space on my phone, so it shouldnā€™t take a long time, but at least it does work. Thanks

@MomtoBIDLEG Thanks for letting me know, I super appreciate you getting back to me. Iā€™m happy to hear itā€™s working, even if itā€™s slow and takes awhile to load the videos. I have been passing on your experience, information and screenshots you provided me to the appropriate team who could isolate this concern and look into it further. They helped give me information I needed or further suggestions on what to do here. This team also let me know that if you donā€™t have data to back up your connection and a poor wifi signal, it may have troubles getting the information that is needed to load the picture and video on your feed. When the wifi is having troubles loading these parts of the post, it may show up blank like you have, which means the wifi is having trouble loading in the video from the signal it has, and there isnā€™t any cellular backup to try to load them in.

Since downloading the neighbors app didnā€™t seem to load them different, please continue to use Nearby Incidents in the Ring app and you should be good. Iā€™ll make sure to pass on this feedback and experience of what has happened now to that team so it can be considered as a pain point for yourself in the future to see if we can implement ways to address this down the line. Thank you, neighbor! :slight_smile:

Thanks. It isnā€™t an issue with the wifi though, as I donā€™t have issues with anything else with the wifi, and it doesnā€™t work differently on any of the other wifi signals that I have used.

But, I am appreciative of your help.

Thank you

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity on my part, do you know if you are currently using 5GHz or 2.5 GHz on your Wifi? I have found that the lower setting of 2.5 GHz causes my information to load much slower. My phone always picks the slower 2.5 setting when I restart my phone so I have to select the faster one myself. If you have 2 options available in your phone Wifi settings, for your home Wifi, try the second one to see if it helps you out any. Likewise, if it becomes slower, switch back to what you previously had. Iā€™m glad to hear that you now have video even if itā€™s slow to load.

I use the 5g at my house. Not sure on the others. Good thought though.