Video lost again

Today, for the second time I needed to retrieve video, the same thing happened as before.

We open the app, find the video clip. Watch it, and click share, download and the downloaded video cut off the activity for which I needed to download. At that point I went back to the app and the gap between that clip and the next is where the incident occurred. EVEN AFTER I WAS ABLE TO WATCH THE REPLAY OFF THE TIMELINE. Does anyone have this issue? It’s a floodlight camera. Very strong signal to the device. Ring provided credit for the inconvenience but I’d rather have the video. Huge disappointment to me.

Hi @Jeffola. The videos in your Event History should not disappear unless you manually delete them or they are erased after the storage time frame has passed. If possible, can you share a screenshot of your Event History that shows the gap where the missing video is located? Did you originally view this video in the Event History log or on the Event Timeline itself?

Here is the important part, your support (Third level) is scratching their heads. This is the second time that I tried to pull video from that deivces alerts, and the second time I was able to see the replay, and when I download the event, it got cut off and no longer appears. The credit for my service is nice, the refund was also nice, but truth be told, twice you failed me. NEVER ONCE have I needed this device and it has come through. Both times, someone was injured on my property through no fault of mine, but your platform, BOTH times provided identical results. All the money I spent on my doorbell and my floodlight cam is wasted, the ONE thing Ring should do, it does not.

@Jeffola Thank you for those additional details. Since you’ve already been in touch with our support team, then it may be best to follow up with them directly regarding this concern with the videos not being available. As this is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum and not a direct line to support, we’re unable to provide any account-specific help so reaching out to our support team again would be your best option so they can pull up your account history and take a deeper look.

You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.