Video Doorbell Wired

I originally had bought the 2nd Gen Ring Video Doorbell (Venetian Bronze) in July 2020. I ended up being fed up with having to charge it so often so I finally looked into a wired doorbell.

I removed the 2nd Gen Ring device from my app and set up the new wired doorbell. I placed the jumpers on the chime box correctly (on the first and trans), I used the doorbell wires correctly (just like I did with my 2nd Gen), and it is still not working. I even made sure my Wi-Fi was on the 2.4 GHz. The doorbell does not light up or anything.

(Let me state that I did buy the wired bundle with the chime. I had originally set up the chime first, and it took under 5 minutes to set up correctly. I realized my mistake and that I needed to set up the doorbell first, so I removed it from my devices as well, and tried setting up the wired doorbell again, with no luck).

No, I did not look at all the specs of my internal doorbell chime box but it should match the specs needed since we had our house built and it is only 8 years old.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Lhutch14. I’d recommend checking your internal chime kit and verifying that the power requirements match those listed on the Doorbell Wired’s product page here. If everything looks to meet the requirements, then you can try double-checking the installation steps in our Help Center Article here to ensure that the Doorbell is installed properly according to the instructions.

If the Doorbell still doesn’t power on, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can look into this further. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: