Video Doorbell Pro Does not always Prebuffer Video Recordings

Still working after a couple dozen recordings. I’ll post again when it stops working.

…and still working! I feel like I’m setting a record.

That’s amazing! So for you, was it just the orange reset button which did the trick?

Yep. Pressed and held for 20 seconds, waited 10 seconds and pressed it once.

I received my replacement Ring Pro 10 days ago and so far the prebuffering has been working. I don’t know if the issue was hardware for firmware though. I’ll post if any problems reappear.

It’s been 19 days since my reset and it’s still working perfectly. Maybe it was firmware and my reset forced a download.

Thanks for the update guys. One question: do you both have the snapshot feature disabled still?

I’ve been on vacation and may attempt another roud of tests and a reset when back. I am also asking support if there is news on the firmware release.

Thanks again!

I do have snapshot disabled.

I wonder what would happen if I enabled it…

Mine is disabled.

Hi All,
Just reporting back that as of this weekend RING has updated my firmware (remotely) and all seems to be working well again. Both prebuffer roll and snapshots are working in parallel again. Seems there can be many solutions to the same problem - but big thanks to their team for followthrough…

Cheers!