Video Doorbell Community Articles

How To

How it Works

Set Up

4 Likes

Wont stay charged
My Ring is Hardwired, and I’ve changed my settings, I think my Ring is defective. It was on the recall list.

Hi @Kgilly. You can find some great troubleshooting tips and information in one of our threads here from other neighbors that have had similar concerns. If you’re not able to find a solution there, our support team is able to assist you further as well. You can reach our support team at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Doorbell Pro setup

I have 4 ring devices only one is working after spending hours on the phone with Ring. ANyone know of a more user friendly product?

Be advised that I was told by Ring Customer Service that it is expected that Wired Ring Doorbell will lose connection every time there is a loss of power and the only resolution is to do the physical reset on the device. The Customer Service person acknowledged that there is incorrect information in Ring usage database that indicates Doorbells will auto reconnect once power is restored. I was told this is incorrect and that physical reset is required every time. I live in area that has brief power glitches all the time and thus my only solution is to do the physical reset process on the device. I find this totally unacceptable given all my other devices from Google, Apple, etc auto reconnect. Shame on Ring for selling junk.

2 Likes

Agree with you. It is a poorly designed product if you have to manually reset it every time after power cut.