Video Doorbell 3 WiFi connection

Can’t seem to get the doorbell to set up and connect to the WiFi no matter what I do. I get different error messages. Sometimes can’t add device, some times can’t connect to WiFi, etc

We’re here to help, @Bob54! The Video Doorbell 3 has the ability to connect to either your 2.4 Ghz wifi network or your 5Ghz network. I recommend choosing the 2.4Ghz network for setup connection. For initial setup and update, it is best to do this near your router, or at least in the same room as the router, for best connection and quickest initial communications. Another trick that may work here, is the “add hidden network” option found on the last setup step in the Ring app. Instead selecting your home wifi network from the available list, you’ll see an additional “add a hidden network” option, which will allow you to manually enter your wifi information. If possible, try completing the setup in the Ring app on another mobile device, if the above steps did not help. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi dear.
I can’t connect the Ring with my mobile at wifi. What can I do?

I have the same issue. I have tried all of the things on the help and I’ve tried the adding hidden network but it hasn’t worked.
Battery is fully charged, good wifi speeds and in the same room as the router.

Help! I’m close to throwing it at the wall :grimacing:

I’m not sure which problem exactly you are reporting.

Do you know how to access your router’s configuration via a browser ?