Bought a Video Doorbell 3 Plus 14 days ago. I’m on Virgin 1Gbps service and the router is 12ft away from the doorbell with only a window in the way. I’ve also got an extender right next to the front door. Using speedtest.net, I get 500Mbps when stood next to the doorbell.
So far, it’s been ok. Not the best but no real issues.
- However at 16:00 today (5 hours ago), it has just stopped working.
- No live view (I get the “Activating Device” message and a spinning circle).
- Device health shows battery was at 33% at that point
- RSSI was at 68 (has been higher without issue)
- I ring the doorbell, get the chime but nothing on my phone
- I have reset my router and still nothing
- I have a Google Nest in the conservatory, 30ft away behind a wall and a door and the connection is fine.
- I can go to the bottom of my garden and still connect to my wifi to stream football
- I have dropped all devices that were connected to the router to make sure nothing was hogging bandwidth.
Is my best bet to return the product and get a new one or just go with another brand? It’s pointless having it if the thing you bought it for doesn’t actually work.
Any advice would be welcome - at the moment I have a £200 doorbell that doesn’t work.