Video Doorbell 3 Plus Condensation Inside Glass

Hello

I have discovered a lot of condensation on the inside of my doorbell glass.
It has been working pefectly for 6 months and suddenly yesterday I have a problem.

Has anyone experienced this before?
I don’t want to take it apart because of the warranty but at the moment it’s pretty useless.

The other thing I’m worried about is that if there’s this much water inside the electronics may have been compromised.

See attached photo.

Just curious - did the device come with those red stickers or are they a new enhancement ? Any chance it was intended they would be removed ?

Hi there its a replacement cover ring sell. I think there are 3 of them.
This one, a Halloween one and a snowflake one.

(tongue in cheek) - do you still have the original ?

:grin::grin::grin: Yeah now Christmas is done going back on

If it were me - I would bring the device back into the house, get all that moisture out of there and put the original cover back on.

That device still works acceptably with all that moisture ?

Tried that but the battery chamber is separate from the camera chamber and I don’t want to void the warranty by opening it. Hairdryer also didn’t work.
Unfortunately.

maybe a moment or two with microwave ? caution : I have no idea…

Or better yet - if people drop cameras and such into water they use those silica (?) type packets and put the device into a plastic bag, close it up. Give it a day or so. Know what I mean ?

In any event - if you used your ring device properly I doubt what you are reporting is acceptable.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Love the microwave idea.
I debated silica gel but haven’t got any.
I’m hoping support will be able to assist tomorrow and I am going to get some of those sachets to go inside once I manage to get this sorted.
I have the big bags in some of my sensitive electronic equipment at work and they do the job pretty well.
Thanks for the tips though. I had forgotten about the silica gel.

Turn out device is faulty. New one on the way.
Excellent customer service on the phone.

2 Likes