Use chime as a siren for Ring Alarm

There needs to be a way to sync the chime pro with the alarm base station so that you can purchase multiple chime pro and place them throughout your home. This will allow you to hear the doorbell whether you’re in your garage, basement, or a bedroom. And syncing it with the alarm system means that whenever someone opens a door or window you would be able to hear the alerts whether you’re in your garage, basement, bedroom etc. My base station is in 1 room and at night I cannot hear any of the alerts if someone was coming or going. And having 3 kids it’s a nice ring of security to be notified via audible tone that someone has opened a bedroom window or back door at 3 in the morning. Currently this cannot be done.

I agree, when someone opens a door, the “chirp” should also be heard from chime devices in addition to the base station and keypads.

This way the chime would serve the same functionality for the security system as it does for the doorbell.

In a large building you don’t need alarm keypads all over the place, but it would be nice to hear when a door has opened when you are not near the door.

This would be especially useful in a small business situation, which Ring is now advertising its use for.

I’ve GOT to get some sort of linked chime to the Alarm Base Station! Ring support act like I have a horn growing on my head when I make this request! There is NO excuse to not have chimes tied to the alarm system, otherwise I could have people walking in and out my front door without even knowing!

2 Likes

Literally makes no sense that this feature wouldn’t be available. Same reason the chime is useful- it’s a fairly basic requirement to have a audible signal for doors that open in areas of the home that aren’t within eyesight of the door or hearing distance of the keypads.

Love my Ring ecosystems but totally agree with this thread. The only audible sound for doors/windows opening is the Ring Alarm Base Station. This is a major missing feature set in the Ring solution. I have multiple Chime Pro devices from Cameras and was hoping to place those throughout the home in order to receive audible alerts for when doors open / close. Unfortunately is doesn’t appear possible. Come on Amazon, this has to be a the roadmap. Do tell…

It would be nice to be able to link the Chime Pro to the base station to sound an alarm when the base station is sounding, similar to the way you can link some cams.

A very simple feature needs adding in…

If you own a ring alarm and a chime, if the siren is sounding you should be able to have the siren also play at full volume through the chime!

With this, it would also be nice to have the countdown leaving tone played through the chime as well.

Very simple feature!

Please see link to my question. It would be highly useful to be able to link all ring accessories to your ring alarm. Otherwise what’s the point in buying the accessories?

Hi neighbors! If you have an Amazon Echo device, we’ve released a feature that will allow you to play the chirps and sirens from your Ring Alarm system through your Amazon Echo devices. You can read more about this feature in our Help Center Article here. Thanks for sharing your feedback and ideas! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please make Chime work as additional alarm siren.

1 Like

The ring alarm is way too loud for apartment dwellers. There has to be a feature that either turns on all alarm feature in away mode but that wont trigger the alarm sounding—better yet there should be a volume control or ability to warn an intruder via a voice message. False alarms are inevitable—I had one trigger two nights ago while not home —woke next day to several angry neighbors who were shocked out of bed and were left wondering whether they should vacate because they thought it might be a fire alarm. Very big shortcoming of this system!!

How has this been resolved? You haven’t answered my question about the chimes?
I don’t care about the Amazon echo, that wasn’t my question.
I want to know why the Chime equipment can’t be connect to the ring alarm base also???

I would really like this, why does Chimes not work for all devices ?
I want Chime to beep when my doors open, when motion sensors go off and when the doorbell is pressed.

As others mentioned, it will be very nice to have the Chime work with the alarm system as siren and also chirp sound when other sensors are activated.

I wish the Chime Pro would also be an remote siren for my ring alarm also. My Ring alarm is set in my utility room so it would be nice that my Chime Pro would also be a remote siren. I know there are 3rd party units but ha ing something built in wouod be auper nice.

Ring’s Wireless Chime (Ring Chime | Doorbell Chime and Doorbell Accessories | Ring) should emit a tone not only on door bell rings etc but also on smoke alarms and other alarms.

so i have had two issues in the past week as a new adopter of Ring. I am blown away that basic features and functionality are missing. it is actually quite concerning. a few days ago had a smoke alarm on the other side of the house, chime did not sound. last night had an alarm go off, base station far away, did not hear, chime was worthless. why is the chime not also making tones for ring alarm going off for smoke or alarm? this is so basic and missing. very disappointed!

that is not a solution, people asked about Chime not Amazon echo devices. we do not want Amazon echo devices in our home. Please mark this un-solved!

This needs to happen! I have these throughout my house so that I can hear my doorbell, the alarm has the same problem!

This is US only still???

So I can’t use the chimes or echo devices as alarm sirens?