Us census verbiage

NEIGHBORS COMMUNITY “SUPPORT” will delete your posts if you say “Latino” “Polynesian”, when the US CENSUS actually uses exact verbiage. Pretty tired of RING so called “community compliance” experts (ha ha ha) VIOLATING First Amend Ment RIGHTS.

IE

H iii s p a n i c or Latino:

The category “H iiii s p a n i c , Latino, or Spanish origin" includes all individuals who identify with one or more nationalities or ethnic groups originating in Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Central and South America, and other Spanish cultures. Examples of these groups include, but are not limited to, Mexica. N or Mexica. N American, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Salvadoran, Dominican, and Colombian. “H iii s p a n i c, Latino or Spanish origin” also includes groups such as Guatemalan, Honduran, Spaniard, Ecuadorian, Peruvian, Venezuelan, etc. If a person is not of H iii s p a n i c, Latino, or Spanish origin, answer “No, not of H iii s p a n i c, Latino, or Spanish origin”.

There are individual checkboxes for people who identify as:

• Not of H iiis p a n i c, Latino, or Spanish origin
  • Mexica NN Mexica NNN Am., Chicano
  • Puerto Rican
  • Cuban
  • Another H iii s p a n i c, Latino, or Spanish origin (for example, Salvadoran, Dominican, Colombian, Guatemalan, Spaniard, Ecuadorian, etc.)

More about the Question

We ask the question this way to comply with the federal government’s standards—provided by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget—for collecting data on race and H iiii s p a n i c origin.

First, the question is based on how you identify. Second, the standards require us to collect and report data for a minimum of two ethnicities: “H iii s p a n i c or Latino” and “Not H i ssss p a n i c or Latino.” The standards define “H iii s p a n i c or Latino” as a person of Cuban, Mexica NNNN Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.

Hi there. Here on the Ring Community forum, we have post filters and flag certain words to disallow posts that could be deemed offensive. We want to ensure that everyone in the Ring Community forum is being respectful and helpful to one another, so we have these measures in place. You can review more about this in our Community Guidelines here.

In regards to the Neighbor’s App, our Community Guidelines state: “Personal attributes like race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, immigration status, ■■■, gender, age, disability, socioeconomic and veteran status, should never be factors when posting about an unknown person.” Violating the Guidelines for the Neighbor’s App can result in your post being removed. You can read more about the Guidelines for the Neighbor’s App in our Help Center article here.

If you would like to have your post removal on the Neighbor’s app reviewed, you can contact the moderators for the Neighbors App at communityalerts@ring.com. In your email to them, please provide your email address associated with your Neighbors App account, the reason for your inquiry, and any additional information that may help facilitate the resolution of the inquiry (e.g. screenshots of the posts or comments in question). For any follow up on your Ring Community forum posts, please email us at community@ring.com. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this.