Upgrading Plan while on current plan

I upgraded my previous plan of $30/yr to your $100/yr plan, but my previous plan was scheduled to expire on 6.17.20. However, when I upgraded the plan, it says my expiration date is now 6.15.21. If I already had 2 more days on current plan, shouldn’t my new expiration date include my existing days since I renewed early?

Hey @nota. Whenever you cancel a plan early or upgrade a plan early, you should get a reimbursement for any months you have no used. Although, since there is only two days left until this plan was set to expire/renew, it seems you have used the last month up already, thus leaving you with a renewal date of the same day you did this, but two days early. If you would like to follow up on these two days, you can give our support team a call, but I have a hunch they will explain this the same way. Rest assured, if you had upgraded your plan before 5-17-2020, you should’ve gotten a month’s worth of a reimbursement.

If you wish to contact support directly, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I just bought the Doorbell 3, and wish to end my free trial plan immediately, and start a Plus plan immediately, so I can get the 10% on further Ring products. How do I end the trial plan so I do not have to wait for the 30 days to expire first?

Thanks,
Joe

Hi @frojoe. If you are in the trial for the Protect Plus Plan, but have subscribed to the plan to take into affect after the trial, you should be able to use the 10% discount once you have signed up for that to kick in after the fact. In the event of you already subscribing to the Plus Plan and the discount is not working, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

They should be able to work out this discount for you, or can end the trial early for you so you can start the Plus Plan you’ve paid for to get the discount! Please come back and let me know how this goes. :slight_smile: