Unverified motion events

Roughly two weeks ago our door bell started recording and sending notifications for “unverified motion events” multiple times a day. My settings are for person only notifications. This happens at any hour including the middle of night. We are on property with no traffic in front of our home. The recordings show no movement at all. This is new, wasn’t an issue previously and nothing has changed on our end. Started about the time “New features” were added on app.

Hey @Rickatie. Could you try removing the Doorbell from your account, resetting the Doorbell by pressing and holding the setup button for 30 seconds, and then re-setting up the device? Once re-set up, monitor the activity to ensure you don’t see these kind of events returning. Ensure you have configured your Motion Settings to be how they need to be. In the event this is still happening, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

This worked for me!!!

Could you try turning off motion verification, as it seems to be not verifying motion events for you, resulting in them being unverified and you not seeing a recording. To can toggle this off by going into the Main Menu > Devices > Doorbell > Motion Settings > **Motion Verification > ** Click the toggle to turn off this setting. From there, press and hold the setup button on the Doorbell for 20 seconds, and then go into the Device Health page and tap on Reconnect/Change Wifi Network. From here, it will take you through another setup, which you should complete. Once set up again, monitor the device from there to ensure it’s working as it should!

Betweem 6am and 7am EAT this morning my doorbell began displaying “unverified motion event” along with black screen. Live View will not connect. I have unistalled the app from my phone, reinstalled the the doorbell many times and nothing has restored my video. Nothing has changed with my router settings and nothing has been moved or obstructing the view.

My internet speed is fine? When I log onto my ring account from a desktop, my dashboard also has the screen. I have follow just about every link and suggested fix…NOTHING!

If anyone else has had this happen today and figured out another solution, please share.

Hi @SweetbabyRing. If you’ve read our Community article and tried those steps to no avail, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Where you able to figure this out and fix the problem. I have been experiencing the same exact thing. For the past 6 days all I see is unverified motion and my live won’t connect. Not sure what is causing this.

No, not really. I called customer service, she had me reset the doorbell, reinstall the app on my phone, etc. It worked for a few hours after than but the “mysteriously” goes to blank recording at night. They say its something to do with router and/or wifi settings, but its odd it only does it at night, when I personally am not changing any of these settins because I’m asleep! I ended up purchasing another on, its not as bad but is doing something similair and displays “no footage available”. I believe its somwthing either Ring is changing or controlling on their end because the rep was able to see what my device was doing when I called OR is has something to do with my internet signal, since it too has been changing over the past few months. But I know it is not something I have done, like relocate the doorbell or router because thet worked fine and none of the device locations have changed Good luck!