Unable to view certain motion detection alerts

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring ,

I have the same issues all of a sudden. I cannot see either event histories or live views on the app or on the web. Getting a “Sorry, but there was an error creating this video.”

The Ring Bell and App are horrible. Someone hit my wifes car and knocked the mirror off. Of course my ring bell stopped working from 12:30 AM to 4:20 AM this morning and the 1:38AM video can’t be viewed. Internet stable, porch light on and battery was charged fully yesterday at 10 AM. Too much money for faulty products. It also captures every thing but the right things. A person could ring my bell and no video or notification at times.

1 Like

I believe there is a bigger problem here. Note that those failed recordings are all triggered by motion. However, all manually triggered live recordings work just fine. If the issue was with RSSI level, moth motion-triggered and manual recordings would exhibit the problem - so, this is not the case. Ring engineering team really needs to see what is fundamentally broken specifically with the motion-triggered recordings. Caitlyn_Ring, I think you should be able to pass this thread to your engineering team and escalate the issue, correct?

1 Like

I have just started having these issues as well. Something has to be done about it. Getting the notifications of motion but not being able to see what they are is no help. Please follow through with your engineering team to get this corrected. It is an intermittent problem for me, as sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I can view a motion alert and then 5 minutes later, there is the video processing error.

1 Like

i am now also experiencing this issue.
the camera in question has a battery level over 60% at the time and a stable RSSI score of -46.
this is an indoor camera.

currently its totally unreliable - i have more events missing than are actually recorded.
all other cameras i own are working perfectly.

i’m 99% certain this is either a hardware failure of some sort.
i have pulled the battery out and will check if it soft resets itself to work again.

Same problem here, had my cameras off for a few weeks, and now they only record about 10% of what they should, 90% says video not available to be created… I’ve tried on the app and also the ring website, same problem on both… must be a server issue or software issue… Maybe time to upgrade to a new provider.

It is a very bad reflection on Ring Customer Support that these issues are still ongoing. I have similar problems with motion alerts and videos overnight from 10pm to 7am. No alerts and no videos even though they are shown on my history list. I do not have snooze set nor do not disturb.
I am partially sighted and this doorbell is for my security.
I was embarrassed recently when the police were asking for any videos of an event that happened during the night. I confidently offered my help but although I had a few motion alerts showing, none of them had a video on either my phone nor my PC. When I checked back over the weeks, this issue had been present for weeks.

Another problem I am getting no help with is that some motion events within my set zone are not producing an alert nor video.

You used to be able to email Ring Support but you can’t now. It is no help to me to call them as I cannot see to answer the questions they ask me.

These doorbells aren’t exactly cheap when you add in the Protect Plan yet you can’t get any help.