Unable to view activity history before subscription

Hello everyone,

I recently enrolled into full plan subscription, I was able to view all the events after subscription but not able to see the ones before subscription. Whenever I tried to play the doorbell or motion videos, I am getting “There was an error retrieving this video. Please try again later.”

I really need to check a video yesterday (Before subscription) which will help to solve a problem.

@krgazula wrote:

Hello everyone,

I recently enrolled into full plan subscription, I was able to view all the events after subscription but not able to see the ones before subscription. Whenever I tried to play the doorbell or motion videos, I am getting “There was an error retrieving this video. Please try again later.”

I really need to check a video yesterday (Before subscription) which will help to solve a problem.

You can’t check before subscription as they are not stored

1 Like

Thanks for responding.

Do you think speaking with customer support can help me?

@krgazula wrote:

Thanks for responding.

Do you think speaking with customer support can help me?

I’ve seen this answered on here before and I just don’t think they are saved without subscription

Hey neighbors! @ChrisJohn nailed it on this one with their answer. Whenever there is a lapse in subscription, any previously stored videos are deleted and inaccessible, as there is no plan to support the video storage at that time. Any future videos that could be recorded, will not be stored and recorded without a plan active. As long as your plan remains active, you should be able to see your videos from here on out, and since the day your subscription was live again.

My subscription lapsed, I had no notification. I renewed today and have same results that you have. (view current, but no history) Fortunately, I don’t need to view history.

I would hope that Ring would send expiration notice out in the future.