Unable to unregister device from old hacked email address

I have created a new account with a new email address because my old email address was hacked. My wife had access with her account and we successfully removed the device but when I try to add it to my new account, it says its still registered. I tried calling the 1-800 number but I get thrown into an endless loop of automation and no actual human. I need help.

1 Like

same thing happening to me. I have had a case open for 2 weeks and have had 0 responses to my email follow-ups. today i recieved an invitation to rate the customer service so it appears my case has been marked as closed ?? frustrated!

Hi neighbors! We do have limited support hours at the moment due to COVID-19, but we truly appreciate your patience. Unfortunately, a team member must assist with changing the email on your account at the moment. We’ll be sure to take a further look into some of these complaints and if okay with you, take a look into your specific customer support tickt and see what happened. Please respond with “that’s okay” to allow us to take a look into your cases (we will be using the email address associated with this account)! Thank you.

I also have spent over two hours on chat and phone calls. The device disappeared from my account. Three times, once I had given my MAC address to support, I lost chat or phone call connection, immediately. I suspect that someone was able to access my account, move the device, and hijacked my camera. I did not have 2 Factor set on my Ring account, until now. It seems it is more trouble than it is worth to troubleshoot further, but if my suspicion is incorrect, then there must be a bug, since I lost my device (Mac address) and my RING device is now a doorstop. It was confirmed that the MAC address of my device belongs to another e-mail user account. What troubles me is the disconnections from several support channels instead of explaining the problem. I am very disappointed in this company, especially how they have repeatedly blamed the customer in several news stories about Ring hacks.

I try ringing the nz number and its no such! My device says the owner still has their details on it so i cant connect!