Unable to Share my Floodlight Cam

Hi,

My account has an alarm system, 2 indoor cams, and two outdoor floodlight cams. When I share with another user, the floodlight cams do not appear as choices for sharing access. I need my shared user to be able to view the floodlight cams. How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Frank

Hey @lfc! Your Floodlight Cams should certainly be shareable. Please check that these devices are not added to a light group in the app. Try also removing the Ring app and reinstalling it on your mobile device. If this concern persists, check in with our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. I can share my ring doorbell,but not the flodlight. What information will I need to reinstall the app?

Hi @Wearewatchingu! Removing and reinstalling the Ring app requires nothing further to be done than just that. Doing this will not remove your devices as your Ring devices are attached to your Ring account. Removing the Ring app and reinstalling it on your mobile device, is simply a way to check for app updates and ensure the app is optimally integrated with your mobile device. Upon reinstalling and logging in to the Ring app, you’ll see nothing changed, but hopefully will have a better experience with the shared users.

If your Floodlight Cam is still not allowing a shared user to be added, try removing the Floodlight Cam from your Ring app, then re-add it. To remove a device, visit your Floodlight Cam in the Ring app, select Device Settings, select General Settings, and then Remove Device. Please ensure to save any important recordings before doing this.

Once the device is removed, it can be re-added by completing a new setup in the Ring app. This should resolve your concern, and allow you to add shared users. Feel free to let us know if this worked for you! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem, have you found a solution? Can’t share lights connected via bridge, because they are grouped. Cannot remove from a group, only move to another one. So lights are not visible in my wife’s account. Can’t see how uninstalling the app should help.

Hi there, @RomanT! At this time Ring Smart Lighting devices cannot be Shared, nor can light groups. If you have a Floodlight Camera, this can be shared with a shared user as long as it is not part of a group already.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

Same problem her

• my floodlight is working well on my account
  • it s not part of a group of light
  • i uninstalled the app and reinstalled
  • the light is 200 miles away from me so removing it at the moment would create bigger problems

The main issue is the “shared access” icon is not even listed in the UI .

Can you help Ring team ?

Hi there, @Bigx! Please ensure you have the Floodlight Camera device, and not the Ring Smart Lighting Floodlight. Your Floodlight Camera should certainly allow you to invite a shared user from the Ring app. Please follow the steps in our help center article to add a shared user successfully. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi @Marley_Ring

I verified and the product i bought is

I assume the share option should work right?

1 Like

Hi there, @Bigx! Thank you for confirming this. You Shared User request should be working as intended. If sending another invite is not working and the desired shared user is unable to accept or access the shared device successfully, this may require a closer look from our team.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank @Marley_Ring the main issue is indont even have the “share” icon on my app. I use 7 different ring products and love them but thats the only one with that specific problem

Just to ensure this shared user option is not in your Ring app, here are the steps to find this selection:

• While logged in on the Ring app, open the Menu (3 lines top left)
  • Select “Devices” from the menu
  • Select your Floodlight Camera
  • Scroll to the bottom of your Floodlight Camera page to view the tile options
  • Choose the Shared Access tile

From there it should allow you to add a new user to your Ring device. It would be very unusual for the shared user option to not appear, especially with you covering all of the rights steps thus far. Reach out to our support team for a closer look at this, and feel free to let us know of any solution you find with them. Thank you :slight_smile: