Unable to get monitoring certificate - app thinks I don’t have active monitoring

Hello, I just signed up for monitoring (I was still on the trial) and I need a certificate for my insurance.

I followed the steps to get the certificate. Opened the app. Went to settings. When I go to monitoring it says only “Sign Up” and evening when I try to go through the steps and put my Canadian number in, I get an error as soon as I hit submit and I cannot proceed.

I have seen this happen from the very beginning even before I signed up for the trial and even after I had the active trial. Now I cannot do anything with an active subscription.

I’m able to get the discount on the ring store, so I know it’s active. I was able to set it up and get into practice mode on the website however the big issue now is that I also can’t remove my old location. And I don’t know if there are issues being in Canada and receiving calls?

I’d love a bit of guidance for this. I do miss being able to call in for live support.

Hey @andsoitgoes. While the steps that you are taking to get the certificate are the correct steps, you need to do it from Ring.com and not the Ring app, as you cannot get a certificate from the Ring app. Although, when it comes to signing up from Professional Monitoring, you should still be able to do this through the App. What part of Canada are you in? Professional Monitoring is not available in Quebec, so this may be what you’re running into.

In the event that you are not in Quebec and still cannot sign up for the Professional Monitoring so that you can then go on the website and get the certificate, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. They can help get this cleared up for you in no time! Let me know how this goes. :slight_smile: