Unable to gain access to an amazon return doorbell

I purchased a Ring Doorbell Gen 1 from a place that resells amazon returns and since I can’t provide proof of purchase or contact the previous owner, I’m unable to use it.

Amazon is extremely wasteful by throwing out returns. Companies should be glad their products are being used rather than being thrown in the trash. Especially a product that uses a subscription service. I’m not buying a new one, I only got this one because it was discounted.

Is there any other way for me to gain access to this doorbell?

Hi @CJ6. For concerns like this that involve the ownership of a device, our support team is who you would want to contact regarding what to do next. You can read more about ownership of Ring devices in our Help Center Article here, but contacting our support team is the best move so they can discuss what options are available for your situation. They may even encourage you to contact the retailer you purchased the Doorbell from as well.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: