Unable to Connect to Ring Doorbell 2

Every time I get a Motion alert for my Ring Doorbell 2, when I click on it to view the live view I get the error “Unable to connect to your Ring Doorbell 2.” Doesn’t matter if I’m on wifi or cellular network. This started about 2 weeks ago and has happened consistently. I checked the connectivity level of the Doorbell and its at “RSSI-45”.

Hey @Dude495! Excellent job checking all the connection factors. The next best step would be to uninstall and reinstall the app on your mobile device. I recommend also testing a video after disabling bluetooth, VPNs, hotspots and closing other apps in the background. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

So far seems to be working better now. I’ll give it a little while longer to test before marking solved

That fixed the issue or so it seemed for about 2 days now it’s back to the same issue. When there’s motion I cannot connect to any of my cameras until the motion stops recording. I can’t even go into the Live Video mode

I wonder if your network’s 2.4 GHz upload speed is fast enough or possibly dropping out at times. I recommend rebooting your router, set your phone to the same 2.4 GHz network, and then perform a speed test from your phone to see what you’re getting. You may find that the upload speeds just aren’t as good as needed.